Donate Items or Sponsor a Collection Drive
When you donate items or sponsor a collection drive, you are providing much-needed items for the children and families in our care. Household items are used to stock our transitional housing units and clothing is made available to our families for free in our resident store. Items not needed for Vision House residents are either sold in our Thrift Store or sold to Value Village – all proceeds are used to support homeless families with housing and services such as counseling, case management and child advocacy.
It’s easy! Simply drop your donations off at one of our bins (click on graphic above to view a map of our bin locations) or at our Thrift Store and Donation Center in Renton. For more information, call 425-757-0848.
Vision House Thrift Store and Donation Center (click for map)
410 Olympia Ave NE
Renton, WA 98056
Thrift Store Hours: 10:00 – 6:00 PM, Tuesday – Saturday
Donation Center Hours: 10:30 – 4:30 PM, on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday
Other Ways to Support Vision House Families
You can provide much needed items to support the kids and families in our care. You can host a collection drive with your church, business or community group to gather items to help support our Vision House families. Below are items we always need.
Children’s Program Needs
- Snacks: Juice boxes, granola bars, crackers, fruit snacks (unexpired dates)
- School and Art Supplies: Pens, pencils, markers, construction paper, binders, stickers, glue sticks, calculators, rulers, crayons, tape
- Outside Toys: Sports equipment, bubbles, sidewalk chalk
- Infant and Toddler Items: Diapers, wipes, outlet plugs, baby monitors, formula
Vision House Families Needs
Donate Via AmazonSmile: To donate some of the items below online, please use our AmazonSmile Wish List: wishlist.vision-house.org. Each donation will ship directly to our headquarters.
- *New bedding (twin, full and queen waterproof mattress covers, sheets, comforters, pillows, etc.)
*We do not need toddler sized bedding
- Bed guard rails (for small children)
- New bathroom sets (towels, bath mats, shower liners, shower rings, curtains and rings)
- Toilet paper and paper towels
- Healthy food (at least six months of shelf-life): breakfast cereal, pasta and sauce, canned meals (stew, chili), canned protein (tuna, chicken), rice, popcorn, peanut butter, salsa, condiments and spices
- Kid appropriate snacks for lunches: applesauce, snack bars and crackers (Wheat Thins, Goldfish)
- New full-sized African American hair products (Olive Oil and Luster’s Pink)
- New full-sized shampoos and conditioners
- New full-sized shower/bath gel
- New deodorant, lotions, hair care products
- Hair dryers, straighteners
- Diapers (sizes 4, 5, 6 – no pull ups), wipes and baby formula
- Pump hand soap
- New kitchen and bathroom garbage cans
- New or gently used complete dish sets (for 4 or more)
- Kitchen size 13 gallon plastic garbage can liners
- Dishwasher soap
- New cleaning supplies (mops, brooms, cleaning products)
- New socks and flip flops (all sizes)
- Small appliances: blenders, mixers, toasters, irons, etc. (new or gently used)
- Matching sets of silverware (new or gently used)
- Vacuum cleaners (in good working condition)
- Washable paint, poster board, water balloons
- Sunscreen for field trips and outdoor play
- New kid hats
- New kid bike helmets
- Wall art (new or good condition)
- New batteries
- New phones
- Gift Cards – Your donation of gift cards will be used to purchase specific items as needed to support Vision House families: Costco, Safeway, Albertsons, QFC, Fred Meyer, Target, gas stations, etc.
- Office Supplies – Your donation of items such as copy paper, pens, staples, postage stamps, paper clips, sticky notes, tape, etc. will help us stretch resources to serve more homeless families.
- Financial donations – Your financial gifts will provide families at Vision House with safe housing and services such as counseling, child advocacy, case management, child care, etc. DONATE TODAY!
Questions? Contact us at 425-228-6356 or firstname.lastname@example.org.